Sunday, February 08, 2009

Doris Day

This woman means many things to me:

No. 1
I knew her famous song before I knew her. My mom would sing "Que Sera, Sera" around the house. These days it seems I have fully adopted the phrase as my daily mantra.

No. 2
Doris Day's birthday is right in between my mom's and I. I was born on April 2nd, Doris was born on April 3rd, and mom was born on April 4th.

No. 3
She is such a Rockstar! Her voice has a thick jazzy underbelly with a bit of salty and sweet mixed in there. The sweet bit is what allowed her to be so believable as an artistic mother of 4 boys or as an endearing music teacher who juggles acting, mothering and keeping her husband happy after convincing her whole family they should move to the 'burbs.

No. 4
I fantasize that if ever I lived the life of a movie star in another life, I would be Doris Day.

No. 5
The opposite pictures of Doris "The Bikini Babe" and "Miss. D" the school teacher represent my life at the present time - Ms. Full-Time Job by day and Rock n' Roll Diva by night...